Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Coffee and gun violence

Well, I think I'll post my first entry while on hold. This being fitting of the way most of my days transpire as of late (I could go into a philosophical analogy of my life being on hold but frankly I feel just the opposite and I wish I could perform that Zach Morris 'Time Out' trick).

There's the commute, there's the snooze button (record-setting 1.5 hours of pushing it myself just the other day), but I think most importantly (and I am suprised, em, that you have not touched on this): there is the coffee. You know what is truly amazing is that it is quite capable of shaping your day. Yes in a world of chaos, pandemonium and senseless violence, we will always have Starbucks or "my rock" as I like to refer to it. If you have a Pret nearby I highly recommend theirs also... I'm missing the point already *pause for caffeine injection*-- my only real and rather unsubstantial comment is to say that coffee, nay the mere offer of coffee, is so refreshing that I've lasted an entire 3 hours managing to stay in a relatively stable mood. With every sip of sweetened bitterness (coffee with sugar is an oxymoron of flavour is it not?), I forget the 33 people killed yesterday at Tech....... Oh wait, I just remembered. Awful, I can't post about coffee. This is bullshit.

Can you believe I am STILL on hold???

No comments: