Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A little person in a not so big world after all...


Ok, so I think I may have found my soulmate. And I am the last to believe that there is just one person out there for all of us, but due to some recent encounters, I have begun to think that perhaps life is more than just a series of coincidences, and more like an arrangement of events that may be more deliberate than we know. Anyway on to my point...

Over the past few months, I have encountered the "little person," who played the children's book author in "Elf," with unusual frequency in various locations throughout the NYC and NJ area. And I don't just mean I see him daily in the Starbuck's on 53rd between Madison and Park that I have entrusted to feed my disgusting caffeine habit for pretty much every day of my life since last July. In actuality, no matter how much I alter my routine each day, our paths seem to always cross.

Sightings over the past few months:
1) Walking down Madison Ave., approximately 1 pm
2) Fresco on 52nd between Madison and Park, 2 pm
3) Bistro on 51st between Madison and Park, 12:30 pm
4) 53rd and 5th E train subway station, 6:30 pm
5) Second Madison Ave. sighting, 7 pm
6) Second Bistro sighting, 1 pm
7) Hoboken, NJ Shoprite on 10th and Madison, this past Sat., 3 pm.
8) Second Fresco sighting, 1:30 pm

Ok do you see how this is getting a little ridiculous? Ok obviously we must live and work near one another. Regardless, I need to go up to him and tell him 1) He was phenomenal in the movie "Elf," and 2) We are destined to be together.

P.S. On a completely unrelated note, this tall iced skim caffe mocha is to die for. The blueberry muffin I just devoured is a close second.

No comments: