Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Guess my mood; Win a prize for the lady...

Apparently, I am bipolar. Or something of the psychologically unstable persuasion.

I like to think of myself as a relatively laid back, even-keeled sort of gal, however i seem to be failing miserably at having others think this. In the past hour I've been told first that today I am in a good mood only minutes later to be asked if everything was ok because I sounded 'down' over the phone.

Ok, first of all... why people feel it is necessary to comment to me on my own mood is a bit confusing and why they keep a running tab of said mood is just bewildering??? Really? Why? What do you care? and how do you suppose to know this?? How much can you surmise from "Hello". I don't mean to say it differently-- can you really sense tears or anger or ecstasy in two syllables??

Really???

This is not only today, but rather a common occurence. In fact, yesterday I was compared to Droopy (yeah the cartoon bassett hound who says everything is fine but sounds miserable). Or last week when my boss was out and I communicated online with him-- "You seem in a good mood, maybe I should not come back to the office" (to which I nearly screamed and cried! That's not even FUNNY, Loic). I did not know a voice, or instant messaging, could convey such emotion. The enormous bags under my eyes I think would be slightly more telling... YES I have been working 12 hour days. I AM miserable but how do you know?? ARE YOU PSYCHIC. It just makes me suspicious.

I think the only answer is voice hamogination skills. I dont like these people "knowing" I am going to act happy when I am sad and sad when I am happy or maybe angry when I am happy (there are a lot of different options). Anything to throw them off the scent.......

No comments: