Friday, April 20, 2007

Research sucks

ahem... AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH adjfa;lskjdflksajdfl;ksafdjl;aksjdf;lskgj

(scream of frustration accompanied by toddler-style keyboard pounding)

If anyone reading this EVER even CONSIDERS getting a PhD and going into ANY type of research, STOP YOURSELF NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

I found out today that because of a cruel trick of the miniscule processes of protein production that go on in every living organism, the last 2 YEARS of experimental work I have done will be 90% worthless. Not to mention the work of about 3 or 4 other people, and hundreds of thousands of dollars wasted. No exaggeration.

It's a long story and I'm sure you don't want me to try and explain the details. All I am capable of verbalizing today is that RESEARCH SUCKS. I mean, I hated my job already, but I thought I would at least get a publication or 2 with my name on it out of this hell I've been enduring for the past year. Turns out that I chopped off mouse tails and executed mice in miniature gas chambers 40 hours a week to be left at the end of this with... NOTHING. Except a guilty conscience and some really gross memories.

Get me out of here.

No comments: