Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Boss, my brother, my lover

You know, there has always been something a bit off concerning interactions with Loic (that's my boss... he's French) from the start:

- Firstly, I interviewed for my position over Skype using the video-conferencing feature. Unfortunately, I was put at a distinct disadvantage to this point insofar as, the "video" part of it worked one way-- he saw me. Whoever this guy with charming, hinting at english but french accent is was a mystery to me.

- I spent the first month working in the "office" but without my boss.... still only phone conversations and between conversation and heresay, I developed the ever-so cliched crush on my boss (sight unseen)

- The last 2 months Loic has been here, in real life person-- completely living up to every expectation I had of him (it's heart-wrenching) but the crush has finally subsided-- even so, our repore is not standard.

... For instance, he's protective: Loic's been taking issue lately with our sales guys being harsh with me and addressed it with both the CEO and informed me he will let the guys know to back off in a national meeting next week (totally unsolicited). I've never complained about this but he's made notice of it just by the tone of my voice when he overhears me on the phone with them. That's a little too perceptive no? I'm not crying, I'm not angry, it's a very minor strain if any to pick up on.
... For instance, he's attentive: he has brought back many a coffee from the Pret next door for me
... For instance, he's perceptive: Aside from my phone demeanor I said something just yesterday where he's like OK great but you mean exactly the opposite. I mean your boyfriend barely ever picks up on what you REALLY mean by what you say.
... For instance, he's just plain flirtatious: OK so my aversion to showering MAY have come up and ever since then it cannot be dropped. He's teasing me constantly on one thing or another and some of it has deffo been borderline inappropriate....



IS there a chance?? That infamous affair with your boss would be SUPER

Makes me wonder..........................

- Makes me stop wondering when recalling the few dinners I've had with he and his beautiful perfect French girlfriend

- Makes me wonder..................... And I've finally decided the guy is more like a BROTHER to me. And when I say brother I dont mean like actual brother. I mean it in the way that Black people use it, which is more meaningful I think...That's what is wrong. I've never had one, but I'm pretty sure he's like that protective popular one you always wanted.



REALLY THOUGH, I'm not opposed to an incestuous Arkansas style fling

No comments: